Sunday, January 8, 2012

Spiced Chipotle Honey Chicken with Potatoes

I got this recipe from Pink-Parsley another one of my favorite cooking blogs. It was pretty delicious and I'll definitely be making it again sometime soon. She uses sweet potatoes, and I didn't. I know I'm crazy, who doesn't like sweet potatoes? Maybe I'll give them a try with this recipe next time because it is pretty spicy. I love spicy!!! I also would change the cook time on the potatoes, I couldn't even eat mine :(   I was so upset because they had really good flavor. I guess sometimes you have your flops in the kitchen, at least I know I can fix this one. Anywho, if you like chicken and you like spicy but sweet try this recipe, you won't be disappointed.

Spiced Chipotle Honey Chicken with Potatoes
4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 Tbs olive oil
4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs honey, plus more for drizzling
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
chopped cilantro, for garnish (I'm a lover of cilantro!!!)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
This recipe serves 6, I only used 2 breasts and eyeballed the rest. You could definitely make this whole recipe and either have leftovers or freeze the rest for dinner in a couple weeks.Mix together 1tblsp olive oil, chipotles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside. Mix the remaining olive oil with 2 teaspons of the chipotle paste you just made and toss with the sweet potatoes. Place the potatoes on the bottom of a roasting pan, or shallow baking dish and bake 15 minutes or until fork tender, stirring occasionally. Mine baked way longer than 15 minutes. The first time I made this my potatoes were hard and it was such a let down. Just make sure your taters are fork tender! You may want to prepare this ahead of time if it takes longer. While your taters are baking rub the chicken with the remaining chipotle paste. Place chicken on top of the potatoes and roast until the chicken is cooked through. Please make sure your tatos are close to being done. Yes, I said tatos, that's what I call them sometimes, it's not a type-o. :) This should take about 15-20 minutes, just make sure it is 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast.  Divide the chicken and potatoes evenly among plates and drizzle with remaining honey, and garnish with cilantro, if you so choose to do! Enjoy!

Source:Pink-Parsley


As seen on: Weekend Whatever

5 comments:

The Farm Girl said...

Thanks for inviting me over and for your sweet comments. I really appreciate them! This recipe looks delish and can't wait to try it. I am also a new follower :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Farm Girl. I hope you love it~

Claire Justine said...

This looks so good,I could eat some now,Thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :)

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

This looks so good! I featured it on this week's Makin You Crave Monday. Come by and take a look - and hope to see you back again this week!

Unknown said...

Ooh thank you for featuring me!!! I will be back I have many new recipes to try out and add!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...