Saturday, August 25, 2012

DIY All Purpose Cleaner

Are you into the latest craze of making your own cleaners? I've become much more health conscious over the past year. I don't like all the harsh chemicals and toxins in cleaning products you buy at the store, so I decided it was time to make my own! Not only is it super easy, it's much cheaper! I've really become to love tea tree oil, it has so many uses and I really love the smell. I buy mine at whole foods currently. A little goes a very long way! I also make my own laundry detergent. I'm still looking for a DIY dish washing detergent that works well, for now I'll buy the best green products I can. The only con with green products is they are more expensive, but if that means no chemicals then I'll spend the extra cash! Please READ all the ingredients and labels. It should not be toxic in any way. You can find numerous recipes. Just test and use what you like. I will share with you what I use! I hope I can encourage some to start making their own cleaning products. Here is the link to where I got the recipe from, their are some other recipes on their too! Love this stuff! Homemade cleansers. I saved old cleaning bottles and rinsed them out really well and just refilled with the new "green" cleaners.

All you need is: Hot water, vinegar, tea tree oil, super washing soda (can be found at most local grocers or amazon) and Dr. Bronners castile soap, which can be found on amazon as well, but I bought mine at Whole Foods. Next time I'd like to add lavender oil to mine, it's an anti-bacterial.

3 comments:

Faith said...

That is so awesome that you made your own cleaner. I think I'll have to try my hand at this.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Brittany said...

This is awesome! I wanna make some! I love tea tree oil too...my sis n law got me hooked.

Unknown said...

Wow! this is awesome Cleaner and I absolutely love the use of tea tree oil! I am so glad I found your blog!

Green Cleaners

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...