Sunday, April 22, 2012

More Changes and More Motivation

I have to apologize again for the lack of blogging around here lately. I've really fallen behind. I've been so busy with my new lifestyle that I don't find a lot of down time for blogging, picture taking, and even my photography class I signed up for I don't know how many weeks ago. It's a good thing I can do it whenever I want, but I've forgotten about it. I can say I am really enjoying everything I have been doing lately. I haven't lost any weight yet..although I'm not even sure how much I want to lose because I also want to gain muscle..which equals weight. So I guess I should say I haven't lost any fat yet. Many people say are you crazy? You are tiny! Yes, I'm skinny, but I do have excess fat that I am not wanting on my body anymore. If I continue down the road I'm on I know I will finally be confident in my body and how I look. I'll post some motivational pics..speaking of motivation. There are days where I really crave bad foods, and by bad foods I mean peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ice cream, chocolate, and processed foods. Some people might say those aren't that bad..but to me they are. I am trying to eat a whole foods plant based diet, which equals none of the things previously listed. A lot of the times I give in, but I have been trying to stop those cravings lately. So sometimes when this happens I look up new workouts or check out my health and fitness board via Pinterest. Then I start looking at all these amazing bodies and people working out and tell myself, no you don't need that, you don't want that, and that will do nothing for you. Now I'm not saying I totally deprive myself, yes I still eat a few bad things here and there but it does and should not happen every day. :) Ice cream will not make me skinny lets face it. I'm getting better and as I've said before it's a work in progress and I can only get better. The other day when I was running I thought to myself, how nice it would be to run my half marathon in shorts and a sports bra..it would be nice and I will try but I don't want to set an unrealistic goal at the same time, and I know for women the hardest place to lose fat is in the belly area. After changing my diet and working out more I feel amazing. I can really tell a difference. I eat 5-6 times a day, drink a ton of water, and for the most part eat pretty healthy. I would love to hire a personal trainer, but they are sooo expensive. I do know it would help me to reach my goal a little faster and push me harder. A trainer at the gym noticed my knees buckle in when I bend which is not good but something I can fix. Another thing that would be nice to have a trainer for! I think I've finally reached the point where I want to be physically fit and have an awesome body and be able to tell people, yes I do work really hard for this! I'm so happy to be running again, I had to take off almost three weeks due to an injury. Hip flexor/IT band..I thought it would never go away! I want to run this half marathon so bad, and I will! :) Fitness has really become part of my life and I'm hoping to start going to the gym even more..talking 5-6 days a week instead of 3-4. Anyways I'll stop boring you with my fitness rant..which seems to be most of my posts these days! I will have a Snow White cake post later this week! I haven't been having many food posts only because I usually throw some rice together with veggies or have a salad or it just doesn't look pretty! My bad. Here are some of my motivators/what I want to look like one day..
Ever heard of her or seen her? She's got a killer body, she's my motivation and she has some great videos out there. Like her on facebook visit her blog, she's all things amazing! She's a Pilates instructor and has plenty of videos online you can do! She makes it look so easy! 


 I'm looking for that flat stomach!
 Great muscle tone!
These are all my motivators when I'm craving bad foods, I want what a lot of girls call that "bikini body" I also want to tone and build muscle! It's my new goal and I will make it happen! All these sources came from my Pinterest Board where you can find many workouts and many good recipes!

Another change I'd like to add, I was thinking of cutting my hair. I just can't decide though. I go back and forth a lot, I change my hair a lot, I get bored..I love short hair because it's super easy to take care of but I love long hair because it's pretty. I just don't like mine long unless it's curled which takes time. When it's straight it's so flat and boring. What to do what to do..here are some hairstyles I have pinned lately..

 Okay, I really love this cut and color on her, I love funky hair!
 Here's a short pixie, now this is really short but how  cute..just not sure how I'd look in it.
 Love this cut too, might have it a little longer though
 This one I love as well, I love curly hair!
 I'm not sure how she styled her hair but very cute!
 This is one of my favorites, almost like a pixie but longer..possibly could get this cut and work my way into a pixie? I don't want to look like a boy though. :/
 I love this color and this is usually what my hair looks like curled but it's not that long yet..
 Love this cut!
This cut is cute too but very very short! But super manageable...what do you guys think? Do I chop it off?

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Well, you already know what I think ... but I'll say it again. You have such silky hair, it looks pretty when it's longer. Plus you can do more with it when it's longer.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh, and as your mother I'd also like to mention that you should concentrate on being healthy and less on looks. But keep doing what you're doing and eventually that little bit of fat will melt off. Genetics has a lot to do with where your body stores fat. At least you have skinny thighs (which you didn't get from me). LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...