Sunday, September 11, 2011

Grandma Vernie's Hot Fudge Sauce

I can remember being a little girl and having many memories with my grandma. She is by far the best grandma around and I'm so happy to say I'm still enjoying her company 25 years later. Grandma doesn't cook anymore but that's why she's given her recipes to her granddaughters so we can share them with family and friends. This is the same grandma that used to make chicken spaghetti. :) I introduced that dish to the lovely ladies of Sweet Mandy B's (yummy bakery in Chicago I used to work at)  and they loved it so much. It's awesome to know my grandma's food can be passed down to many people who also enjoy it. Love you grandma! My favorite food memories of my grandma would have to be hay stacks, (which I will have to make when I get back from my honeymoon), mud buddies (also known as puppy chow) my grandma calls it this so I always have and no one ever knows what the heck I'm talking about, and her chicken spaghetti and of course hot fudge sauce!  Anyways, back to the hot fudge sauce...which is to die for! Thanks to my sister for making it for the bridal shower. This sauce is super easy to make and refrigerates and reheats well. I think it's best over vanilla ice cream, maybe that's because that's how I always remember having it. It's perfect for making sundaes too and even adding to milkshakes. Mmm, I think I'm going to have to have a bowl tonight! Every time I take a bite into this sauce it brings back all kinds of memories. You need to make this now, you may not have special memories of my awesome grandma but it's very yummy!

Grandma Braun's Hot Fudge Sauce
1/4C plus 2tbsp sugar
5oz evaporated milk
3/4C chocolate chips
1 1/2tsp butter
1/2tsp vanilla

Yields: 1cup
Combine sugar, milk and chocolate chips in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture boils. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve hot over ice cream. I noticed it's not as grainy if you let it cool a little, and after refrigeration and reheating it's even better. Thanks again Grandma I hope everyone enjoys this :)



2 comments:

Aquascape Your Landscape said...

Nice post, Bridget!

glutinous pig said...

All I can say....yum!yum!yum! So good! I feel lucky to have enjoyed this fudge sauce at ur bridal shower! Thanks Bridgy and Grandma;-)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...