Sunday, September 11, 2011

Foil Baked Fish with Hasselback Potatoes

Just made this dish tonight for dinner! My fiance made the potatoes and I made the fish, we made a compromise :) Of course whenever I really enjoy something, my fiance dislikes it, or vice versa. It's too bad we can't enjoy the same meals at times..guess I'll have to have a dinner party soon with my wonderful bridesmaid Erin. She's the one who introduced me to trying fish! Now I try to eat it once a week. The dish is pretty simple to make and it also looks pretty! This is a good week night meal! I can't wait to try it again, with out my fiance that is! I guess that's what friends are for.

Foil-Baked Fish with Corn
2-4 white fish fillets (I used tilapia)
salt and pepper to taste
4tblsp butter softened
2tsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1tsp grated orange zest
2tbsp orange juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups corn kernels
1/4 red onion, minced
1/4c fresh cilantro

You may add black beans to this recipe, I dislike them so I omitted them. I know, who doesn't like beans right? 

Preheat oven to 425. Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk mix together the butter, 1tsp of the chipotle peppers, orange zest, salt and pepper, and one clove of garlic. (I used three because I love garlic, and who doesn't like extra flavor)?! Spread over fish.

Combine the corn, (I shucked some fresh corn). If using beans add these as well, onion, orange juice, 2tblsp of cilantro, the other half of the chipotle peppers and garlic, season with salt and pepper.

Lay out 2-4 14" pieces of foil and cover the bottom half with the corn mixture. Lay buttered fish on top and fold foil over to make packets. Place on a baking pan or dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Carefully open the packets and sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top.
*Slightly adapted from Pink Parsley: Foil-Baked Fish with Black Beans and Corn


Hasselback Potatoes
2 Russet potatoes
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried basil
Garlic sliced into thin layers

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. After washing the potatoes, thinly slice each potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. (Place the potato on a large serving spoon so you won't cut all the way through).

Season each potato with basil, salt and freshly cracked pepper. Place a thin slice of garlic between each layer. Place the potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake potatoes for one hour or until baked through. Serve with butter and sour cream.  We baked the potatoes for about an hour and fifteen minutes and they were still a little tough. They were still really good though. Nice and crisp on the outside. I can't wait to make this dish again! Enjoy!



1 comment:

glutinous pig said...

This dish looks delicious! I will definitely give this a try! So proud of u Bridgy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...