Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Green Smoothie

Have any of you gotten on the green smoothie wagon? If you haven't you totally should. They're amazing and they make you feel good! You can do so much with them. I used to make mine with spinach, blueberries, bananas and apples. So yummy! Recently I've been making mine with organic unsweetened almond milk, a banana, spinach and my Green Super Food. This stuff doesn't taste the best, but with the banana in there you can't even taste it. Some people think these spinach smoothies are gross. Honestly I don't think spinach has much of a flavor and the banana masks most of the other flavors. There a million and one recipes all over the internet for spinach smoothies. I'm here to share mine with you. Pardon the horrible pictures...

On a side note, I've totally been missing cooking amazing food lately. Don't get me wrong most of the veggies and fruit I've been eating are good but I guess I miss the cooking and really good food. That doesn't make sense does it? I'm such a foodie and most recipes I see that look oh so delicious have meat in them. I think I just really miss chicken lately. I saw some really yummy looking fish and chicken and tacos in my magazine and I totally want to make them. I just miss food. That also doesn't make sense, I eat food everyday. I guess veggies, beans and rice are boring me lately. Engine 2 Diet states there are so many ways you can be plant strong and fun..I just am not seeing it. I miss fatty mac n cheese and amazing desserts. Delicious Mexican meals and Italian Pastas. Part of missing this stuff probably comes from dieting too. I was doing really well for awhile and not losing any weight. I was getting so frustrated, I've come to the realization I should just let it go and learn to love my body. Most of the bodies I see that I want I've realized the woman are paid to look like this. Lets be real I'm not famous, I just need to let nature take it's course and be happy. Working on loving my body will come in time, and I need to realize my love for food also comes w/ a little extra love on my body. I'm working on it. I'm stuck between wanting to love food and wanting to be extremely thin. Sometimes I think I'm crazy..maybe I am. As long as I don't gain weight.. a girls gotta eat her brownies right? :) I do realize though if I don't get enough fruits and veggies I feel like garbage..all in moderation right? Thanks for listening! If you could all check out my friends new blog I'd love it! Dinner Is Ready at Six. I went to college with her, she's a newlywed and loves food just like me! :)

Mrs Green Jeans Green Smoothie
2 handfuls of spinach
1 scoop green super food
1 banana
1 cup unsweetened organic almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
ice

Blend first 4 ingredients and then add ice. Sometimes I drink this after a work out and add hemp protein to make a delicious protein shake! Spinach is full of vitamins and nutrients and many other great things and this is one easy, yummy way to get in your daily value for the day! Hope you enjoy.

 You can find this Green Super Food at Whole Foods or on Amazon, or you can simply omit it!

 My pictures aren't the best, but I was in a hurry!

 Frank came out to join me. I think I need to get to the eye doctor..I always find some of my pictures to be a little blurry...my eyes are not so well ;)

5 comments:

Jenna Miller said...

I have to find all that stuff at Walmart on Saturday! Yum!

Brittany said...

I wanna try one now! What a cute kitty too!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

So where are the horrible pictures? They all look good to me! Also, I'm wearing my glasses and they don't look blurry. Love the pics of Frank! I think I might try having a smoothie for dinner for awhile. Gonna try a green one first!

Faith said...

Yum! That looks delish! I have yet to try a green smoothie.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Every time I've been to the grocery store lately, there's no fresh spinach to be found. Your Frank looks like our Jingles. I just saw your post on the chocolate chip cookies. I made some today with a secret ingredient. I didn't tell my family until they tried them and said they were good. If they knew there was chickpeas in them, they would have turned their nose to them right away. You should give them a try ... pretty darn good. Here's the link:

http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2012/06/gluten-free-dark-chocolate-and-peanut.html

Have a great day! Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...