Monday, February 27, 2012

Tofu Pad Thai w Veggies and my new Workout Plan!

The other night I went out to dinner for my birthday with my hubby and his Mom. She was going to take us to Outback Steakhouse, I must admit I was not enthused. I suggested going to Mongolian Barbeque. It's not actual barbeque..it's like a stir fry place. You pick your meats, seafood, noodles and veggies. Then you have your sauce and spice station. I chose tofu, rice noodles, sugar snap peas, green peppers, jalapenos, and potatoes. My sauce was pad thai, then I threw in some garlic, peanuts, and some seasonings. It was soooo good! So good, in fact I recreated it for dinner tonight. Minus the potatoes, snap peas, and jalapenos. It wasn't the same but it was still really good.

Tofu Pad Thai w Veggies
2 tsp tamarind paste (seedless) mixed with a little hot water
1 tsp sirracha
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
sprinkle of crushed chili peppers
seasoned salt to taste
4oz thai rice noodles (I just used as much as I thought would serve one person)
1/2 package firm tofu cut into cubes
1/4 green pepper chopped
1 tomato chopped
5 broccoli florets chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
cilantro minced
peanuts minced
juice of 1/2 a lime
peanut or sesame oil

You may use any vegetables you want, this is a simple vegan pad thai recipe that I have added a few additions to. Place rice noodles in a bowl with warm water for about 30 minutes, or until soft. Mix tamarind paste with water in a bowl, and whisk until dissolved. Add sirracha, soy sauce, vinegar, and crushed chili peppers. Heat oil in a wok if you have one, if not heat oil over saucepan. Hubby was using the wok for the night so I just used a saucepan. Once oil is heated, add in peanuts, cilantro, broccoli, tomato, green pepper and tofu. Saute with seasonings. Throw in drained rice noodles and saute for a few more minutes. At the end throw in your sauce and saute until combined. This dish is open to any changes, you can add egg and meat if you don't want it vegan, whatever you like! Enjoy!


 Hubby made sweet chili chicken for dinner. Smelled and looked so good. I then thought to myself, duh! I'll make Sweet Chili Fried Tofu sometime..ooh I can't wait!!


Oh, I also would like to inform everyone of my new work out plan, maybe it's because I'm so excited for it. For a long time now I have wanted to run a half marathon, it's been a goal for way too long. Well, I received a text from my dear old Mother today over at Town and Country Living, saying if I wanted to run a half marathon she would run it with me. She has run many marathons, and I am so proud of her. I said it's time to do this!! I then found this great work out program...Mom sent me a training program for my half marathon I'll be running in June, which I'll combine with this work out program above. I work out now and lift weights, but I figure it will be better to have a plan. What's even better is they are both 12 weeks. Now I can track my progress, starting tomorrow, I'll be tracking what I eat, and I'll be starting my training for my marathon and my weight training. Woot, woot! I'm hoping between all this I will lose my muffin tops and stomach fat. It goes into more detail than that, but I don't want to bore anyone! I am excited to go buy new running shoes tomorrow. I spent some of my birthday money today on new work out clothes! :) It's my motivation.

5 comments:

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

This looks delicious!!! Good luck working towards your goal! Love the new look of the blog. Glad I found you :)

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for good tofu recipes! I'm trying to convince my roommates to try it and they refuse. I think they'll eat this! Cute blog, missy!

Unknown said...

Thanks anonymous it's so yummy tofu is so mild it takes on any flavors you cook w...good luck!

Meaningful Mama said...

I have some good Thai recipes - ones I've had for a while and ones that I've gotten that have very high stars. I have a couple keepers and a decent phad thai, but I always feel like the spices come up a tad short from what I experience at a restaurant. This looks delicious, and I'll have to try it.

Kaitlin (The Garden Grazer) said...

Mmm, this looks awesome! Can almost smell the deliciousness coming out from your beautiful pictures :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...