Saturday, January 5, 2013

Caprese Roll Ups

You know what I can never turn down? Caprese. It's fresh, simple and delicious. I had some caprese with a friend recently and was craving more so I decided to incorporate it into lasagna roll ups that I have made before. These are super easy to make as well :)

slightly adapted from: Cooking Classy
Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups
8 lasagna noodles
14 oz low-moisture mozzarella cheese
3/4 c ricotta
1 egg white
4 roma tomatoes
1/4 c shredded parmesean
salt and pepper
basil
oil

Marinara Sauce
28 oz crushed tomatoes
2 tblsp oil
1/4 onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper

Cook lasagna noodles until al dente or according to package. Mine only took 4 minutes! :) While the noodles are cooking mix ricotta, egg white and salt and pepper. Slice the mozzarella cheese into thin pieces. I think the next time I make this recipe I will use fresher mozzarella. (I didn't this time because it wasn't recommended, but I think I can make it work!) Once the noodles are cooked drain and set on parchment paper. Once cooled, spread ricotta/egg mixture on noodles. Then line noodles with sliced mozzarella and tomatoes (like caprese!) Add some sliced basil, oil, salt and pepper and roll them up! After you've done this you can set them aside while making the marinara. Just combine all ingredients and voila! Layer casserole dish with marinara sauce and add lasagna roll ups. Cover the lasagna rolls with some more sauce and add some shredded parmesean and top with more basil! Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

When I took this out of the oven my house was filled with an amazing garlic smell! I absolutely love garlic. This dish tastes light and fresh! I will be making this again. I hope you enjoy!




 Cheese, Freshly sliced tomatoes, Fresh cracked pepper, Chiffonade basil
Gotta love fresh tomatoes and cheese!






So I decided to use Picasa to edit my photos this time. I like it more than my old editing system, but seriously a huge pain. I've been trying to edit and save the photos forever and then they either don't save or I can't find them. I should maybe find something else to use! Or maybe I should just figure out how to use it! ;)

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh, these do sound good. I'll be trying this, for sure. Great photos. Pinned it!

Brittany said...

omg.....these look AMAZING! great photos too, pretty lady! hope you had a wonderful holiday :)

Faith said...

come back!

this looks amazing! gorgeous pictures! i must make this! looks like the perfect summer meal too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...